Barefoot Teacher is a communications development company that assists non-governmental organisations, government departments, public entities, small businesses and individuals to clearly and effectively communicate with their markets, clients and stakeholders.
Barefoot Teacher was founded by Nazeem and Kariema Lowe in 2006. They see Barefoot Teacher as the logical outcome of a lifetime of social activism. As its name implies, Barefoot Teacher is a simple concept: “We help people succeed, sometimes on a grand scale, but more often one organisation, one project, one person, one word at a time”.
Services Barefoot Teacher provides a range of cost-effective publishing, research and fundraising services to government entities, public entities, non-governmental organisations, small businesses and individuals.
– copywriting (media copy, learning materials, websites)
– editing (language & style, rewriting)
– proofreading (print & electronic publications)
– project management
Research & consultation
– feasibility studies, project development
– monitoring & evaluation
– academic writing coaching (postgraduate only)
– strategy development and capacity-building
– training courses
– prospect research and funding assessments
– copywriting (proposals, funding letters, concept papers)
– monitoring & evaluation, funding reports
– event management