Crunchy kale with roast chicken & cauliflower with miso yoghurt sauce & pine nut
We love a quick one pan/pot dish and the crispy kale & cauli, packed with crunch & flavour is a wonderful mid week winner. I keep garlic a tub of roasted garlic cloves with their skin on in my fridge at all times!!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
4 small chicken breasts
3 tsbp olive oil
150g kale, thick stalks stripped
400g cauliflower, sliced into steaks
1 tsp sumac
2 tbsp sesame seeds
For the sauce
2 cloves of roast garlic
100ml Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp real peanut butter, (no sugar added)
20g pine nuts, toasted
1 red chilli, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 220’C
- Cover a large oven baking tray or 2 smaller ones with foil.
- Crush the garlic in a bowl the olive oil and the sumac. Coat the cauliflower and spread onto the tray. Pop it in the oven for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, season the oil & add the sesame & rest of the sumac. Dip or coat the chicken breasts in the mix, Heat a medium frying pan with a dash of oil and cook the breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Coat the kale in the remaining oil, sesame & sumac, add scrape it all onto the cauliflower tray or on the separate one if 2 smaller trays, when the beeper goes off.
- Then pop the chicken breast equally spread on the kale and roast for 10 minutes until crispy and the chicken cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix all the sauce ingredients together & serve with the chicken, kale & cauliflower when ready to serve. Sprinkle with pine nuts and red chilli
For ZERO washing up & to save even more washing up, ditch the frying in step 4 and cook the chicken breast once dipped on top of the cauliflower , after it has had 10 minutes in the oven to roast